Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lesson Plan 1

This is the first lesson plan that I have ever written. I decided on the food pyramid because it was something that I also wanted to learn more about. I could have chose better and more interactive activities, but I believe that, as a first lesson plan, it is well written.


Lesson Title: The Food Pyramid

Teacher: Jackie Raihl
Subject Area: Science
Grade Level: 3
Date: 02/04/2007

Objectives

CCSD CEF (3) 3.2 Classify personal daily intake using the foody pyramid as a guide

Needed Materials
• Markers
• Construction Paper
• Scissors
• PowerPoint Slideshow

Procedure

Sponge Activity
Give the students five minutes to write down what they had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the day before.

Anticipatory Set
Ask students:
· Are these foods healthy?
· Did you feel good after eating that meal?
· Did you feel full when you finished?

Announce Outline/Objectives

Content Delivery
In a slideshow, show slides about the food pyramid and each food group. Include what the groups include, the amount of servings that are recommended by the food pyramid, and show exactly what a serving size should be.

Activity
Have the students, using markers, crayons, and paper, create a menu of a breakfast, lunch, and dinner for their families of healthy meals. Make sure that all the servings together equal the recommended daily amount.

Review
Ask students:
· Which foods should you eat a lot of?
· Is candy a good food?
· How can you help your family eat healthier?

Closure
· Review outline
· Review objectives
· Assessment
§ Homework: Have the students create a week-long menu, and have the parents sign off on it to show that they have seen it.


No comments: